Sponsor a Child Today
Sponsor a child in need for £30 a month, providing food, shelter, education, medical care, clean water, and a loving community for your sponsored child.
As a sponsor, you will have the opportunity to build a relationship with your child and share in their development through letters, photos and regular updates.
To sponsor a child today please get in touch with us using the form to the right.
How the Scheme Works
We identify children in need through local church leaders, community leaders and any other person who speaks up for a vulnerable child. We help children regardless of race, religion or gender. Children are often abandoned, orphaned or from child-headed households.
Once you sign up to sponsor one of our children:
1. You enter into a unique relationship with that child. Only one sponsor will support a child.
2. We will make contact with you to discuss your child sponsorship, details of the scheme and your financial support.
3. Your financial support has immediate effect. Our experienced staff know each child by name, have assessed their needs and are familiar with their individual context. Every family is different and we work with each child according to their needs.
For each child we provide:
- Medical care
- Education, full school fees, uniforms, scholastic materials
- Access to clean water – where needed we build community water tanks or boreholes
- Shelter – where needed we build or renovate housing and latrines
- Parental care for children living in child-headed families
- Emotional support and counselling
- Regular visits and monitoring
- Fellowship with other sponsored children through our centre days, where visiting speakers are invited to come and share different areas of life to inspire and help children grow physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally and economically strong.
- Life skills and spiritual guidance through holiday camps and seminars
- Micro finance projects for families and communities
4. You will be able to build a relationship with your sponsored child. We will give you regular updates on the development of your child and we encourage our children to write letters which we will send to you along with photographs. You have the opportunity to write and make regular contact with your child, pray for them and if you would like you have the opportunity to visit and meet them, you can. You will get to know their personality, learn about the context and community and share in their stories and development.
5. You will be part of a community of sponsors who have joined hands to bring lasting change to communities of Uganda by empowering our children to break free from the poverty spiral, to make for themselves a better future and make lasting impact on the communities around them.
In addition we support the wider communities of our children with larger projects. We encourage community work. We encourage community participation in some of our activities especially when building houses, boreholes, Bible studies, Fellowships and others.
All children under our support go to schools and return to their homes during the holidays. We do monitor them whilst they are at home. Whilst they are at school, teachers and school chaplains help us to monitor them and we also visit them personally once a month. For children whose parents died or went missing and are too young to live on their own, we hire responsible adults, mostly elder-women, who train them from within the home to guide them – they end up becoming mums and big aunties to the children.
“I am so blessed to be a part of God’s handiwork that Matthew 25:35-36 speaks to.”Adele Virden, Sponsor
“I have come to love dearly, a child I have never met, but who I know really well through correspondence and photographs. He is in my prayers and in my heart.”Penny Brown, Sponsor
“For the money I’d spend on lunch, this little girl was getting everything she needed to be safe and educated.”Louise Beck, Sponsor
Child sponsorship was the idea of our friend Emily Collins. Sadly Emily passed away on 26th August 2017 at the age of 26 years. We will live to remember her indeed.
“Our eldest daughter, Emily, met Martin in early 2010 when she went to Uganda on a gap year trip. She was very moved by the circumstances of the children and by Martin’s work in bringing them hope. Emily kept in touch with Martin and in 2015, she asked if we would sponsor a little girl called Mable, which we did. In 2016 we went to Uganda with Emily and met Mable along with other children sponsored by friends of ours.”Emily’s mother, Sarah Collins
Please note: 20% of your donation goes on administration expenses and 80% goes directly to the child.
Administration costs include: Transport costs for coordination and visitations; Transportation of children to and from schools; General office expenditures / communications; Miscellaneous expenditure; Salaries and allowances; Office rent
Sponsor a Child
Every child is precious to God.
His desire is for each child to grow up in a safe, caring environment, blessed with an education where they can learn that they matter, they belong, and they have potential. Our Father’s House Ministries provides a sponsorship scheme to help others step in and care for vulnerable children, to be a family for them and to help them escape the suffering of poverty.
We are extremely grateful for all physical aid offered to us. If you would like to donate in this way please contact us using the below details.
PO Box 392, Rukungiri, Uganda.
Quick £10 Donation
A £10 donation will go a long way to support these children with their physical and spiritual needs. We thank you very much for your support.
God Bless You and thank you for your support.